Our story begins in 2019 in Steamboat, Colorado, when Dano, a local celebrity with a thirst for adventure, began experimenting with 100% agave tequila, infusing it with fresh pineapples and jalapenos. This unique blend was initially reserved for friends and special occasions. That changed when he teamed up with his friend, Chris.
Together they found a partner in Tequila, Mexico, Hacienda de Reyes, the second oldest tequila distillery in the world. The family-owned distillery had been producing the highest quality tequila, using mature, 100% Blue Weber Agave for generations. Following a steadfast belief in creating tequila “the right way”, free of any additives or fillers, their collaboration gave rise to the worlds first all-natural, fresh fruit-infused tequila . Thus, Dano’s was born.
Today, each of our award-winning tequilas is a reflection of the authenticity and artisanal mastery that goes into each bottle. From our iconic infusions to our classic, ultra-premium expressions, we believe in delivering not just a drink, but an essence — where tradition, purity, and innovation converge into every sip.
THE DANO’s DIFFERENCE
- Distilled with pride at the 2nd oldest tequila distillery in the world in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico.
- Led by the legacy of the female-owned Hacienda under the stewardship of the 4th generation Reyes family.
- Every batch is a time capsule of tequila-making tradition dating back to 1840.
- Hand-crafted using 100% matured blue Weber agave piñas. Zero additives, colorings, or artificial flavors – just pure, natural goodness.
- Utilization of 180-year-old hornos, open fermentation, and a double distillation process in artisanal copper pot stills.
- Setting the gold standard with our Reposado aged for 9 months and Añejo matured for a rich 18 months in virgin white oak barrels.
- The only tequila in the world with a certified fresh fruit infusion.
- Our infusions are made using our proprietary method allowing us to maintain as much of the natural flavors as possible.
- We only use locally sourced, perfectly ripe ingredients, which are then cut, deseeded, and then infused into our ultra-premium tequila.
Sustainability for us isn't just a buzzword; it's a promise. It means crafting exceptional tequila today while ensuring our future generations inherit a world where they can do the same.
Since partnering with Dano’s Tequila, Hacienda de Reyes has been completely restored. Our team has grown from 3 to 73 employees, all provided with good pay and health care benefits.
A real success story for the historic town of Tequila.
Dano’s is a true Farm to Table Tequila. We harvest our own, blue weber agave grown locally in the highlands, just minutes from the distillery.
Even when the entire mature agave plant (piña) is harvested at the end of its lifespan, it leaves behind a family of baby plants or pups, that grow out of its horizontal roots, able to sustain high biomass growth and carbon-storage on a long-term basis.
There are several types of leaf fibers that can be utilized depending on what part of the plant they come. We utilize every part of the agave bi-products and leaf fibers - by either reintroducing back into the soil as fertilizer to grow the next generation of perfect piñas, or to provide local farmers with feed for their livestock.
Every bottle of Dano’s Tequila is made using recycled glass. Every cork we use is made using recycled materials. Every oak barrel used to age Dano’s Reposado & Añejo tequilas is broken down into smaller staves that are cut and tapered for a smaller barrel. The barrel maker repurposes the larger charred barrel staves to make smaller, novelty barrels that he and his family can sell to tourists, cycling back into the community’s economy.
It is also a local custom for Mexicans to purchase a Blanco tequila, put it into one of these repurposed barrels, and age the liquid themselves for the holidays or give as a gift.